One of our customer commitments is that we maintain a clear and formal written complaints procedure and take effective and immediate action to try and resolve any customer complaint.
If you are a customer with a Holiday Home on a park, complaints should be made to the nominated contact at the park in writing.
In other cases, complaints should be made direct to us in writing or via e-mail. Our procedure is as follows:
1. We will acknowledge your complaint, in writing or by phone/e-mail, within 2 working days of receipt.
2. We will issue an initial response or a final decision, in writing, as soon as possible or at the latest within 10 working days of complaint receipt
3. If we issue an initial response and you notify us that it does not resolve your complaint, we will issue a final decision, in writing, as soon as possible or at the latest within a further 5 working days.
4. In all instances, if we justifiably need more time to investigate and manage your complaint (e.g.:because it involves another party), we will provide written reasons why and an estimate of the date when we expect to be able to issue an initial response or final decision.
5. We will keep a complaints log which will be available for inspection by NCC assessors.
6. We will keep you informed either by letter or e-mail, whichever you prefer.
7. For all complaints we will provide either a response and/or a final decision in writing. Any final decision will include details of the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service and the Independent Case Examiner (the Examiner) in case you require independent redress. Please note that the Examiner will only consider complaints that have been first sent to, and considered by, the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service.
8. If you are not satisfied with our final decision, or if we exceed the response timescales (see 1 above), you can then refer your complaint to the NCC for informal dispute resolution. If this fails to resolve your complaint or if the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service is not able to handle your complaint, the NCC will escalate your complaint to the Examiner. We will co-operate fully with the Examiner during an investigation and comply with his final decision which is binding on us both. Please note an administration fee of £60 (including VAT) will be charged by the NCC should you wish to use the Examiner service. This fee is refundable only if the Examiner finds in your favour, subject to his discretion. There are no other charges to you for using the service.
We will liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf (e.g. Trading Standards, Citizens Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, etc.).
Complaints should be sent to:
Mr Darren Milsom
Surf Bay Leisure
The South West Caravan Centre
Tel: 01837 680100
Fax: 01837 680200
Note: The National Caravan Council (NCC) is the UK trade body for the tourer, motorhome, holiday home and park home industries. It has developed a number of NCC Approved schemes, each with a Code of Practice at its heart, to ensure that subscribed members treat customers fairly, deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and provide full protection and access to redress should this be needed. Further details can be found via; https://www.thencc.org.uk/